Friday, March 28, 2008

Murphy's Response


On Friday, March 28th, I received my response from Superintendent Murphy. You can read it by clicking on the image of the letter at the left.

Basically, Murphy says he has no idea why the books were contrabanded. He does not, you will notice, concede that any mistakes were made, that anyone might have violated procedures or done anything at all wrong.

And, as I expected, no apology was offered.





"Kevin," however, has talked to the Chief Property Officer, who seems to agree that the books should not have been declared contraband. If the books have not yet been destroyed, he may still receive them. If they have been destroyed, it's possible that his canteen account will be credited. So we are still awaiting final resolution. If necessary, I will reorder the books, one by one.

I am still hoping to find people willing to correspond with "Kevin." If you are interested, let me know and I will give you his name and address.

On another note, believe it or not, I now have my Icelandic herbs. They were held by U.S. customs for a long time and then sent back to Iceland. The Icelandic company contacted me and told me that such a thing had never happened to them before. They had sent them originally by Icelandic post. So they resent them by FedEx and gave me the tracking number. This time they were held in customs for about 12 hours and then released.

-Bob Chatelle

No comments: